emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [tip] Inline tasks as anonymous sections
@ 2022-01-08 11:32 Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-01-08 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

I think that a very efficient way to take advantage of inline tasks (in
the framework of document authoring and exporting) is to treat them as
anonymous sections, that is, those sections that do not have a title and
are normally separated in books by some special symbol: three asterisks
(a dinkus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinkus), an asterism (three
asterisks forming a triangle), or any other fancy symbol. Users can
associate their own export functions with the variables
`org-latex-format-inlinetask-function',
`org-odt-format-inlinetask-function', etc. Well, you can always add the
separation symbol directly in your text, but the advantage of using
inline task is that we can conveniently have those sections delimited,
as real sections (with properties, todo states, etc).

If anyone wants to explore this possibility, I am attaching a test org
document. I have defined two LaTeX commands: \anonsectionbreak and
\anonsectionmark; and the 'anonsection' environment[1].

[1] The Memoir class includes code for these types of divisions (see
section 6.7 FANCY ANONYMOUS BREAKS in Memoir documentation).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

[-- Attachment #2: anon-sec-test.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 1862 bytes --]

* Re: [tip] Inline tasks as anonymous sections
@ 2022-01-08 13:09 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2022-01-08 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías; +Cc: orgmode

On 2022-01-08, at 12:32, Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that a very efficient way to take advantage of inline tasks (in
> the framework of document authoring and exporting) is to treat them as
> anonymous sections, that is, those sections that do not have a title and
> are normally separated in books by some special symbol: three asterisks
> (a dinkus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinkus), an asterism (three
> asterisks forming a triangle), or any other fancy symbol. Users can
> associate their own export functions with the variables
> `org-latex-format-inlinetask-function',
> `org-odt-format-inlinetask-function', etc. Well, you can always add the
> separation symbol directly in your text, but the advantage of using
> inline task is that we can conveniently have those sections delimited,
> as real sections (with properties, todo states, etc).
>
> If anyone wants to explore this possibility, I am attaching a test org
> document. I have defined two LaTeX commands: \anonsectionbreak and
> \anonsectionmark; and the 'anonsection' environment[1].

I don't expect this to be useful for me personally, but I love the idea!

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: [tip] Inline tasks as anonymous sections
@ 2022-01-09  7:13 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-01-09  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías; +Cc: orgmode