Ihor Radchenko writes: > So, we should probably override `org-export-coding-system', even when it > is set. iCalendar demands UTF8 anyway. Also, ox-icalendar already sets ":ascii-charset utf-8" in the ext-plist during export. > We likely want (according to 34.10.1 Basic Concepts of Coding Systems): I attach a new patch, which takes the approach of converting to utf-8-dos in `org-icalendar-after-save-hook', instead of converting newlines in `org-icalendar-fold-string'. I think this way is simpler, and should be more robust across locales. Note, this means the string returned by `org-export-as' won't contain CRLF. Instead, the newlines are converted during post-process.