"Fraga, Eric" writes: > Maybe unrelated but I will add that the recent changes to how local > variables are processed is breaking my usage of org quite seriously. To > be clear: I am not complaining: it's my fault for tracking the bleeding > edge of development for both org and Emacs. πŸ˜‰ But I thought I would > mention what I am seeing just in case it's useful. > > An example: when exporting a long document which has many src blocks, > each of those blocks is now being loaded and local variables (which > include dir local variables) are being evaluated (which they were not > before, I guess?). I don't know if this is an org change or an Emacs > change? > > The src blocks are likely loaded by org because I am using engraved for > formatting the src blocks on export. This is a nightmare if any of the > variables are considered unsafe as it requires confirmation for each > such case. > > And if some src block mode needs a special input method, this is causing > the export to fail: > > activate-input-method: Can’t activate input method β€˜TeX’ > > although I am not sure, at this point, where/when this is happening. If you have some time, can you try the attached patch? > I will need to revert to an older version of org as I need to get work > done. There's too much breaking to spend the time at the moment > investigating. πŸ˜• But no worries: that's what git is for! πŸ‘ Sorry for this. This is one of those innocently-looking changes that can cause unforeseen consequences. Best, Ihor