emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: ?bug in org-fold-core
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 13:11:19 +0100	[thread overview]

> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com> writes:
>
>>> I am not sure if I understand what you mean. Can you explain in more details?
>>
>> Sure. This is one entry where 'org-lint' shows as '533 Link to non-existent local file ":~/path/to/directory/"'
>>
>> =====
>> *** dired
>> # [[file+emacs:~/path/to/directory/]] ;;; opens dired at that directory
>> [[file::~/path/to/directory/]] ;;; opens dired at that directory
>> =====
>>
>> This is the full org-lint for my 'instructions.org' file -
>>
>> =====
>>    533 low   Link to non-existent local file ":~/path/to/directory/"
>
> This is nothing wrong on Org side. Just an indication for you that you
> have issues with Org markup in your Org file. I suggest fixing them, for
> your own safety - Org may behave incorrectly on incorrect Org documents.

>>> If you have no fontification, please update Org. This issue has been
>>> fixed in a yesterday's commit.
>>>

>> I'm now running using 'Org mode version 9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-706-g4702a7 @ /home/boudiccas/git/org-mode/lisp/)'. Is this the most recent version please? Git pull says that its up-to-date.
>
> This is some very strange Org version - we have no commit 4702a7. I
> suggest removing your local copy and re-fetch Org from our official
> repo. See https://orgmode.org/
>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by 'no fontification'? The instructions file has the usual org-headings, and the occasional drawer. Can you elucidate please?
>
> I probably misunderstood you. I do not understand what you mean by

Thanks Ihor, the reversion of the local variables change has worked through its pipelines and I can confirm that 'Org mode version 9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-707-g215de6 @
    /home/boudiccas/git/org-mode/lisp/)' now works perfectly and my file that I was having problems with is now back to working as before, with no problems. Although I do intend to sort out the
    problems shown in org-lint, in due course.

Thanks
    Sharon.
- --
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 11, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 29.0.50, org 9.5.4