emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [ANN] Looking for new maintainers for ox-html.el
@ 2023-01-27 13:32 Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-01-27 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Daniel Fleischer

Hello,

I have been informed that our current ox-html maintainer will no longer
able to perform his duties in full extent.

We thus need volunteers to help maintaining Org HTML export library -
lisp/ox-html.el

We need people fluent with Elisp with FSF copyright assignment (or
willing to sign it).

----

You do not need to be an expert of the functionality in the file or to
actively improve the file. Just take care of bug reports and feature
requests against this file by participating in the discussion on the
list.

You are not strictly required to follow the mailing list closely and
watch for the relevant emails. When necessary, the relevant messages
will be directly forwarded to your email.

[ see more details at https://orgmode.org/worg/org-maintenance.html ]

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: [ANN] Looking for new maintainers for ox-html.el
@ 2023-01-27 14:41 ` Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide @ 2023-01-27 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Daniel Fleischer, emacs-orgmode

> I have been informed that our current ox-html maintainer will no longer
> able to perform his duties in full extent.
>
> We thus need volunteers to help maintaining Org HTML export library -
> lisp/ox-html.el

I depend on ox-html for my personal website. I would be glad to help.

> We need people fluent with Elisp with FSF copyright assignment (or
> willing to sign it).

I have copyright set up assignment and I’m mostly fluent with FSF.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein,

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] Looking for new maintainers for ox-html.el
@ 2023-01-29 13:38   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-01-29 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide, Bastien; +Cc: Daniel Fleischer, emacs-orgmode

"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> I have been informed that our current ox-html maintainer will no longer
>> able to perform his duties in full extent.

[ This was actually not accurate - TEC, the current ox-html maintainer,
  is still around. However, he was recently focusing on developing new
  features for ox-html and other parts of Org. So, we can still use help
  from another maintainer with bug fixes. ]

>> We thus need volunteers to help maintaining Org HTML export library -
>> lisp/ox-html.el
>
> I depend on ox-html for my personal website. I would be glad to help.

Thanks for volunteering!
Upon Bastien's confirmation, you can follow
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-maintenance.html#maintainer-role and create
an account with write access to Org git sources.

Here is a list of some bug reports and patches related to ox-html:
- https://orgmode.org/list/875ygmzunb.fsf@localhost
- https://orgmode.org/list/878ril5nhw.fsf@localhost
- https://orgmode.org/list/87fsfxfzex.fsf@localhost
- https://orgmode.org/list/87sfj6av4t.fsf@localhost
- https://orgmode.org/list/87a646l45u.fsf@localhost
- https://orgmode.org/list/dd0ae51d-7d56-0ff6-5eb1-3786464adfe3@arfer.net
- https://orgmode.org/list/875yfsu6i5.fsf@localhost
- https://orgmode.org/list/87edssx5kx.fsf@localhost

Bastien,

Arne has been around Org ML since 2012 with 200+ messages and
contributed 2 small commits to Org. He is also participating in
emacs-devel and reporting bugs to Emacs.

--

@ 2023-03-23 17:47     ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2023-03-23 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide, Daniel Fleischer, emacs-orgmode

> "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de> writes:
>
>> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>>
>>> I have been informed that our current ox-html maintainer will no longer
>>> able to perform his duties in full extent.
>
> [ This was actually not accurate - TEC, the current ox-html maintainer,
>   is still around. However, he was recently focusing on developing new
>   features for ox-html and other parts of Org. So, we can still use help
>   from another maintainer with bug fixes. ]

Yes, it's always good to have more than one maintainer.

>>> We thus need volunteers to help maintaining Org HTML export library -
>>> lisp/ox-html.el
>>
>> I depend on ox-html for my personal website. I would be glad to help.
>
> Thanks for volunteering!
> Upon Bastien's confirmation, you can follow
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-maintenance.html#maintainer-role and create
> an account with write access to Org git sources.

I confirm Arne's FSF records are in order.

Thanks for your help!

--
 Bastien Guerry

* Re: [ANN] Looking for new maintainers for ox-html.el
@ 2023-08-05  9:20   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-05  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide, Bastien; +Cc: Daniel Fleischer, emacs-orgmode

"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de> writes:

> I depend on ox-html for my personal website. I would be glad to help.

Arne, sorry for the very late reply.
If you are still willing to help with the maintenance, may you please
submit a patch adding yourself to ;; Maintainer: line in
lisp/ox-html.el?

Bastien can then help you with getting write access to Org repo.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,