Ihor Radchenko writes: > Looks reasonable, but I have one comment on the code. > We should not use user-defined hooks for things that must be executed. > Instead, we should better explicitly call the necessary functions. Thanks, I updated the patch to explicitly call the function. Also, I tweaked the coding-system-for-write to be a bit safer, in case of edge cases where utf-8 doesn't work -- I think RFC 5545 just says it's the default charset. Attached is the (I think) final version of the patch. I'll install it soon, unless I hear otherwise. PS I haven't forgotten your feedback on the original VTODO-related patches (thanks for that review). I'll work on that next, but it might take me a bit longer.