emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* After years without issues,  Orgmode now fails to apply agenda filters to preset templates
@ 2024-05-25 19:08 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2024-05-25 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

Hello,

After years without issue where I could choose, for example, to see my daily work agenda, the filters are now failing to be applied. This is in org 9.6.15, as shipped with my emacs 29.3. I have verified that this problem is the same in =emacs -Q= without any other packages: when I choose my agenda view, such as "C-a w d" for my daily work agenda, I still get an agenda buffer named "Org_Agenda(wd)", but none of my preset filters have applied. I skimmed the documentation and I haven't seen any changed syntax. Here is my definition from my =use-package org= =:custom= section:

#+begin_src lisp
      (org-agenda-custom-commands
	    '(("w" . "Work")
	      ("wd" "Work Day"
	       ((agenda ""
			((org-agenda-span 1)
			 (org-agenda-start-on-weekday nil)
			 (org-agenda-regexp-filter-preset
			  '("+ODH\\|AGENDA\\|CONFERENCE" "-TSA\\|PRIESTHOOD")))))
	       nil)))
#+end_src

Why has this stopped applying my filter when it worked for so long? Is it a bug, or do I need to change something to make it up-to-date?

(I'm cross-posting this to both reddit and the orgmode mailing list since the two audiences might not overlap much)