Is it OK to attach 1 MB file? To make it work I did a simple hack: #+begin_src elisp (defun org-columns-switch-columns () (interactive) (save-excursion (org-columns-goto-top-level) (re-search-forward ":COLUMNS:") (org-metadown) (org-metadown) (org-columns))) #+end_src It works If I'm only changing the 'view', but it doesn't work properly when I want to change column definition in e.g. remove or add a column. Because the code for the view is 'reading' the last :COLUMNS: definition with function (org-entry-get nil "COLUMNS" t). But is 'changing' the first :COLUMNS: definition with function (org-entry-put nil "COLUMNS" fmt). However, this is a bit of an inconsistency. This 'hack' could work without any problems. If the read and write behavior of property :COLUMNS: were predictable, same. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem? Over 10 years ago Thomas Leitner asked about this feature https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-12/msg00797.html @Thomas How did you deal with this feature? Are you still using it? Regards, -- Slawomir Grochowski