Matt Lundin writes: > Xebar Saram writes: >> >> So my question is (sorry for the long intro :)) what do orgmode users >> (who also are heavy mobile users) do? do they give up on contacts and >> calendaring on the mobile? maintain 2 separate databases? what tools >> do people use to overcome this issue? > > There are lots of way to sync calendars. See > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html > > I've found the easiest method is a "poor man's sync" involving a > read-only ics file (exported from org using the org-icalendar-* > functions) and a writable calendar for new entries. (Trying to map org > entries to ics entries gets messy.) The flow looks something like this: > > writable calendar (remote calendar for adding new items from android) > ----> org files (with new entries pull from remote calendar) ----> > read-only calendar (remote ics exported from org) > > I use a radicale server[fn:1] for this. Radicale has the advantage of > using ics files as a backend (rather than a database), so I can pull new > entries into org with Eric's ical2org.awk. I do exactly the same thing, also with radicale running in a chrooted debian in my android phone. I am not happy with this solution since it is not bidirectional but I agree it is the easiest method as far as I am concerned. -- Konubinix GPG Key : 7439106A Fingerprint: 5993 BE7A DA65 E2D9 06CE 5C36 75D2 3CED 7439 106A