emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com>
To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com>
Cc: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Visualizing org files
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:27:20 +0800	[thread overview]

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm a long org-mode user and I absolutely love it. During the years I've been using org,
> nothing else came close to being so simple and so powerful as org - and I a lot tried
> different productivity apps.
>
> One thing that would nicely complement org, in my opinion, would be a visualization mode
> for its buffers. Right now I sometimes use Freeplane*[0] to draft/brainstorm complex
> ideas or problems/solutions and then attach it to an org item and write more specific
> action items there.
>
> It'd be nice to have everything in a Freemind map, if needed. What I'm proposing is a way
> to visualize org buffers in Freeplane and vice-versa.
>
> It could also be a script that uses something like graphviz*[1] to create a graph of one
> or more org buffers, like Sasha Chua did here: http://pages.sachachua.com/evil-plans/,
> although I prefer using Freeplane since it allows me to edit the org file as a mind-map,
> visually, if I want.
>
> I think a script to automatically transform the Freeplane XML to org
> and vice-versa

I have same idea. I know there is an package called ox-freemind. It can export Org to mindmap. The really awesome is real-time synchronize visualization Org and Mindmap program. I don't know how to implement at Freemind or Freeplane etc mindmap program side. But Org side should not be that hard, because markdown real-time preview is possible.

--
[ stardiviner ] don't need to convince with trends.
       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/