Jean Louis writes: > When there are more than 2000 people related notes, tasks, > calculations, questions arise if such better be kept in one Org file > or multiple Org files in one directory or multiple directories for > multiple Org files?! This came up multiple times in discussions. I think that it is wrong, and the reason comes down to efficiency. If you want to work efficiently, then sub-second delays matter, and having 4 files with 500 entries means that to search in them you need to open 4 files. If you have 100 files with 20 notes each, you have to open 100 files. Almost any other computing cost pales compared to opening files. My current setup has around 1200 notes in 10 files (most of them in the two main files, some of the notes are several pages long, but most take up around half a page). Using org-rifle (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-rifle) I can full-text-search them with barely perceptible delay on a system clocked down to 1 GHz. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken