emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* columnview how to break lines if cell is to width
@ 2021-01-07  9:36 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-01-07  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

Please consider the following example:
#+begin_src

,* Group 1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :COLUMNS:
  :Usuario1: Antonio Gonzales
  :Email1:   gonzi@ucm.es
  :Usuario2: Isabel Diaz
  :Email2:   isabel@ucm.es
  :Usuario3: Paula Rodríguez
  :Email3:   paula@ucm.es
  :Usuario4: Filipe Rio
  :Email4:   filipe@ucm.es
  :END:

,#+TBLNAME: members
,#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 2 :indent nil :format "%50ITEM  %5Usuario1(Member) %5Email1(Email) %5Usuario2(Member) %5Email2(Email) %5Usuario3(Member) %5Email3(Email) %5Usuario4(Member) %5Email4(Email)"
| ITEM    | Member           | Email        | Member      | Email         | Member          | Email        | Member     | Email         |
|---------+------------------+--------------+-------------+---------------+-----------------+--------------+------------+---------------|
| Group 1 | Antonio Gonzales | gonzi@ucm.es | Isabel Diaz | isabel@ucm.es | Paula Rodríguez | paula@ucm.es | Filipe Rio | filipe@ucm.es |
,#+END
#+end_src

The resulting table has a bit too much width, I could use

#+begin_src
,* Group 1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :COLUMNS:
  :Usuario1: Antonio Gonzales (email gonzi@ucm.es)
  :Usuario2: Isabel Diaz (email: isabel@ucm.es)
  :Usuario3: Paula Rodríguez (email:   paula@ucm.es)
  :Usuario4: Filipe Rio (email: filipe@ucm.es)
  :END:

,#+TBLNAME: members
,#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 2 :indent nil :format "%50ITEM  %5Usuario1(Member)  %5Usuario2(Member)  %5Usuario3(Member)  %5Usuario4(Member)"
| ITEM    | Member                                | Member                             | Member                                  | Member                            |
|---------+---------------------------------------+------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------|
| Group 1 | Antonio Gonzales (email gonzi@ucm.es) | Isabel Diaz (email: isabel@ucm.es) | Paula Rodríguez (email:   paula@ucm.es) | Filipe Rio (email: filipe@ucm.es) |
,#+END
#+end_src

But then I would like to have a newline before (email ...) Is this
possible.

Another possibility would be to obtain a vertical table like this one

| ITEM   | Group 1          |
| Member | Antonio Gonzales |
| Email  | gonzi@ucm.es     |
| Member | Isabel Diaz      |
| Email  | isabel@ucm.es    |
| Member | Paula Rodríguez  |
| Email  | paula@ucm.es     |
| Member | Filipe Rio       |
| Email  | filipe@ucm.es    |

How can this be achieved?

regards

Uwe Brauer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-07  9:37 UTC | newest]