Hi Bastien, > Org is made of many areas and partial backward-compatibility can > still be useful. When people report compatibility problems with > Emacs <26, we can guide them so that they enhance org-compat.el. > > It is not because we don’t promise compatibility for Emacs < 26 > that we should prevent backward-compatibility for Emacs < 26, and > the all-or-nothing approach would actually prevent it. > > I hope this is convincing enough :) It’s not the choice I’d make, but what matters more is that I now better appreciate/understand the motivation for leaving those bit in. Thanks for discussing this a bit :) All the best, Timothy