Russell Adams writes: > On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 01:44:03PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote: >> Russell Adams writes: >> >> >> What do you mean? >> > >> > I think Markdown has different levels? >> >> Do you mean # title vs. ## title? > > > > look at the alternate syntax where they under line with different symbols. > >> > Has there ever been a reason to diversify the heading syntax to allow >> > levels or changes in visibility? >> > >> > ** TODO >> > >> > `=' TODO Inline item under todo >> > >> > — DONE something else? >> > >> > ### TODO invis to all except interactive editing >> >> That’s even more features. I feel confused about what you are trying to >> convey. > > It is, but it’s just brainstorming along the lines of needing an > inline task syntax. > > We have a solid heading syntax, with one or more asterisks followed by > keywords and heading metadata. Given we’re talking about adding more > flags in the metadata, I’m just asking if we should consider > alternatives to just asterisks to help indicate differences. > > An inline task exempt from folding should be eye catching to > differentiate it from other headings. Perhaps something other than > asterisks is appropriate? > > —————————————————————— > Russell Adams RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.com > As someone who only uses orgmode, I personally find the logical distinction between inline and normal headings not compelling enough to justify adding new syntax besides asterisks. Frequently I hear orgmode’s extremely simple syntax lauded in comparison to something like markdown. Just some thoughts. –shortcut