emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [BUG] A commented line breaks line numbering [9.6-pre (release_9.5.5-1058-g6ef33b @ /home/thblt/.emacs.d/lib/org/lisp/)]
@ 2022-11-14 11:51 Thibault Polge
From: Thibault Polge @ 2022-11-14 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

With org 9.6-pre, a commented out line breaks list numbering (even with
`org-list-repair`), and effectively breaks a list in two distinct lists
in exporters.  Eg:

 1. Item 1
 2. Item 2
 # 3. Commented out item 3
 1. Reset counter?

At "Reset counter?", HTML export opens a new <ol> there, LaTex a new
\begin{enumerate}

This may be expected behavior --- it's present in Pandoc as well --- but
it's surprising, since I'd expect a comment line to be fully ignored
from the comment marker to the final \n, inclusive.  I'd thus expect the
above example to be perfectly equivalent to:

 1. Item 1
 2. Item 2
 3. Reset counter?

And to export as a single <ol>/enumerate.

Regards,
Thibault