On 2020-12-16, TEC wrote: > Jens Lechtenboerger writes: >>> Maybe it should be applied to the rest (in ~org-html--build-meta-info~)? >>> I'm not sure. >> >> I’m not sure either. Maybe people expect their typed characters, >> maybe not. This might call for a new variable. > > I'm tempted to leave the current behaviour as-is, and then we can > introduce a new variable if we want later :) I agree. >> I like the new variant much better. However, I still do not >> understand why you pass the title into org-html-meta-tags-default >> just to ignore it. The title is already dealt with elsewhere, isn’t >> it? > > For people who want to customise this to add metadata, the page title is > something they're probably interested in. What metadata would you derive from the title? > If so, I think it's work giving the title processed by > org-html--build-meta-info as it's not so simple as > (plist-get info :title). Extracting it from ~info~ might be more flexible as it would not be tied to the current implementation. Best wishes Jens