Hello, I've created a patch to align the baseline of latex image fragments to the surrounding text. The patch consists of several parts. First, it adds a customizable variable that can be set to a user supplied function to compute the value of :ascent passed to `overlay-put'. It can also be set to a symbol (e.g., 'center, which is the current setting and still the default), or an integer (:ascent can take an integer percentage). The patch also modifies `org--make-preview-overlay' to use this new variable. The other part of the patch is a new function that computes the correct value for :ascent from an SVG file. Unfortunately, this isn't a general-purpose solution to baseline text alignment. It currently only works with SVG images and requires that these SVG images encode the text baseline in the viewBox attribute (I've explained in the function documentation how to achieve this). I was not initially planning to include the function because it only works in certain special cases (though if you setup your SVG image generation as I've described in the documentation it should work correctly for all of your LaTeX fragments). However, I ultimately decided it was beneficial to include it for several reasons: (1) it would not be obvious for many users how to write this function on their own, (2) by including it, others can improve upon it, and (3) I tried to minimize corner cases by leaving the default value as 'center and having the function return 'center whenever it detects an incorrect :ascent value. Let me know what you think! Best Matt