Jean Louis writes: > So in general I never need to use some general search through Org > files or any other files as my way of thinking begins with People or > Groups and that narrows what has to be searched. How do you deal with stuff that applies to several people? > it comfortable. My way of thinking is always People or Groups, and > from there various searches are performed and that narrows drastically > the subject that has to be searched. That does sound like it should speed up searching by directory. My mind works differently here: I remember some concept and need to find stuff connected to that, including people, but also additional ideas, instructions, and just bullet points with info I might need again later (which multiple times saved many hours of searching already). The one thing that keeps me from that is that I often file under specific projects, and the active projects are shifting constantly. For that I enjoy it a lot that I only need to customize the capture templates to add a project. > On my side I almost never put notes in Org files. As by definition > from Wordnet, note is "brief written record". With note I just mean "something". Mostly its bullet points with tasks, some links and references into source-code which allows me to quickly take up a tasks after some downtime. > Overall from this discussion I hope that people find some useful ways > of using Org, like org-rifle, semantic organization of stuff and > similar. I hope so, too. Thank you for describing the tools you use! I for one am still working on my workflow, and I guess that 10 years from now it won’t be the same as today. I hope that learning about other ways to work with org will help me a lot in future. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken