Hi Thomas (& co.), >> […] I’m thinking either “o555” or “#o555” would be a good improvement over >> “(identity #o555), but am open to other suggestions. > > That’s reasonable. I’d even tend to disallow decimal. In usage, it’s too > exotic and the potential for someone entering “just a number” expecting > for it to be read as octal is too high. Is it worth the risk? I’ve just pushed three commits that 1. Add “o555” as an octal shorthand 2. Perform a simple check that integer modes are valid* 3. Make the ls-style regex stricter > Timothy, I really admire your patience, and your incredibly friendly way > of doing things :) Thanks. It helps that this list is fairly friendly to begin with :) All the best, Timothy * For example, “:tangle-mode 755” will now produce the warning: “1363 is not a valid file mode octal. Did you give the decimal value 755 by mistake?”. Maybe it would be worth adding “if so try o755” or similar?