emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* bulk archive slow
@ 2020-11-22 23:57 Samuel Wales
  2021-11-23 12:36 ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-11-22 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

in recent maint, bulk archive is slow for me.  not a huge deal but
org-element--current-element takes up 92 percent of cpu time in
profiler.  6 entries took a few minutes.  this is just a heads up in
case anybody can confirm.

-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: bulk archive slow
  2020-11-22 23:57 bulk archive slow Samuel Wales
@ 2021-11-23 12:36 ` Ihor Radchenko
  2021-11-24  2:01   ` Samuel Wales
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-11-23 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

> in recent maint, bulk archive is slow for me.  not a huge deal but
> org-element--current-element takes up 92 percent of cpu time in
> profiler.  6 entries took a few minutes.  this is just a heads up in
> case anybody can confirm.

Just a note that bulk archiving should be a lot faster on latest main.

Best,
Ihor


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: bulk archive slow
  2021-11-23 12:36 ` Ihor Radchenko
@ 2021-11-24  2:01   ` Samuel Wales
  2021-11-24 13:14     ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2021-11-24  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

thank you!  bulk archiving will be among the first things i will try
once i upgrade.  i have years[?] of doneified tasks now i think.

i always use maint, with my own few patches rebased on top, so not
sure if i can take advantage of it, except to run main to do it.

still will be highly useful.  i ahve kept these improvements to bulk
archving in mind as i consier upgrading.


this brings up a tangential question.  what was the reasoning behind
changing maint to bugfix and master to main?




On 11/23/21, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> in recent maint, bulk archive is slow for me.  not a huge deal but
>> org-element--current-element takes up 92 percent of cpu time in
>> profiler.  6 entries took a few minutes.  this is just a heads up in
>> case anybody can confirm.
>
> Just a note that bulk archiving should be a lot faster on latest main.
>
> Best,
> Ihor
>


-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: bulk archive slow
  2021-11-24  2:01   ` Samuel Wales
@ 2021-11-24 13:14     ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-11-24 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

> thank you!  bulk archiving will be among the first things i will try
> once i upgrade.  i have years[?] of doneified tasks now i think.
>
> i always use maint, with my own few patches rebased on top, so not
> sure if i can take advantage of it, except to run main to do it.

If you think that your patches could be also useful for others, feel
free to send them here.

> this brings up a tangential question.  what was the reasoning behind
> changing maint to bugfix and master to main?

AFAIU, master -> main is the USA thing where word "master" is considered
sensitive (and Org is released under FSF, based in USA).

maint -> bugfix is probably to avoid too similar branch names. I am not
sure here.

Best,
Ihor



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-11-24 13:49 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-11-22 23:57 bulk archive slow Samuel Wales
2021-11-23 12:36 ` Ihor Radchenko
2021-11-24  2:01   ` Samuel Wales
2021-11-24 13:14     ` Ihor Radchenko

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).