Hi Nicolas, Nicolas Goaziou writes: > So, basically, upon exporting the following document to HTML: > > #+html_link_root: /tmp/ > [[/tmp/unicorn.jpg]] > > the link becomes > > unicorn.jpg Is this saying "subtract the value of 'html_link_root' from the Org link to make its URL"? If so, I think this would not be general enough to help some cases. For example, with Nikola+orgmode and with Nikola's "pretty URLs" option the relative location between either the Org source or its generated HTML and an image that they both link will differ. Some details: Nikola source wants this layout: /path/to/my/nikola/posts/my-blog-post.org /path/to/my/nikola/images/unicorn.jpg The Org source generates to HTML which will be found at this URL path: /mysiteroot/posts/my-blog-post/index.html So, right now, either the Org link to the image must be written to be invalid (for Org): [[../../images/unicorn.jpg]] Or, some mechanism needs to turn the valid Org link: [[../images/unicorn.jpg]] into either: or: I guess I could use html_link_root set to "/path/to/my/nikola" but then my Org source loses portability. I think better would be able to explicitly state the desired URL path for the HTML like: #+html_url_path: /mysiteroot/images/unicorn.jpg [[../images/unicorn.jpg]] -Brett. PS: imo, in this example, I think the real solution is to make Nikola allow for keeping org+img source together and to output org+img+html all together in one web directory.