Jarmo Hurri anaandika: > Greetings Munyoki. > Hi! [...] >> That said, shouldn't this be in org-contrib? Too many features in a >> tool - featurism - may be distracting, in the sense that you focus >> more on your tool than work at hand. > > I do not understand this. Why would supporting a professional-level > graphics programming language be distracting someone from their work > when using Org? > I'm not _against_ supporting a proffesional-level graphics PL. What I'm trying to say is that having it installed should be a choice made by the end-user. Personally, I try to keep my systems as minimal as I can make them; and as such I advocate for users having that choice. Very much by opinions. Nevertheless... >> And that said, to work around this, I reckon that's why (?) we have >> org-contrib. You - the end user - install what you want/need. > > Yes, but whenever we split up support, we raise the threshold for the > use of a combination of tools, in this case Org and Asymptote. > I agree with this. > Org is a very powerful publication tool. Does it not make complete sense > to include support for a tool for creating professional-quality > publication graphics? > Makes sense. Just not complete sense to me. I reckon I'll give this is a shot this coming weekend and see how this goes. Is this: sufficient to get me started? -- (Life is like a pencil that will surely run out, but will leave the beautiful writing of life.) (D4F09EB110177E03C28E2FE1F5BBAE1E0392253F (hkp://keys.openpgp.org))