emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Automatically encrypt on save, decrypt on open?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:45:27 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello John,

>> > Here is the setup I have that worked when I tried it last ;)
>> >
>> > ;; encryption
>> > (require 'epa-file)
>> > (unless (memq epa-file-handler file-name-handler-alist)
>> >   (epa-file-enable))
>>
>> Do you remember what are those 2 lines for?
>
> They are basically copied from thetop of
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/encrypting-files.html
>
> The first line loads epa-file (epa-file.el --- the EasyPG Assistant,
> transparent file encryption )
>
> The second line looks like a way to call epa-file-enable if it hasn't been
> enabled. You can just call epa-file-enable, and it does the check too, but
> this probably avoids a minibuffer message when it is already loaded. I
> think this function provides a handler for files ending in .gpg which need
> to be en/decrypted by gpg.

It simply because it Just Works (TM) with those 3 lines which I have in
my .emacs file:

  ;; EasyPG Assistant
  (with-eval-after-load "epa-file"
    (setq epa-file-encrypt-to "john-Ch9RrZxMC0c@public.gmane.org")
    (setq epa-file-cache-passphrase-for-symmetric-encryption t))

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban