On 2/17/21 1:00 PM, Berry, Charles wrote: > > > >> On Feb 17, 2021, at 6:48 AM, Okam wrote: >> >> On 2/16/21 6:52 PM, Berry, Charles" via "General discussions about >> Org-mode. wrote: >>> >>> >>> >>>> On Feb 16, 2021, at 1:20 PM, Okam wrote: >>>> >>>> I am using the Emacs gccemacs branch with Org version "9.5-dev". >>>> I have noticed that when I try to insert the stored link >>>> >>>> file:doc/loopy-doc.org::*Destructuring with =dash= >>>> >>>> and use the heading as the link description, that Org cannot format this >>>> link correctly in all circumstances, and tries to make the verbatim text >>>> break out from the link. >>> >>> The last para of (info "(org) External Links") says in part: >>> >>> #+begin_quote >>> If spaces must be part of the link (for example in >>> ‘bbdb:R.*Stallman’), or if you need to remove ambiguities about the >>> end of the link, enclose the link in square or angular brackets. >>> #+end_quote >>> >>> To me, this sounds like advice not to drop external links amid normal text. i.e. put them in brackets instead. >>> >>> HTH, >>> >>> Chuck >>> >>> >> >> Hello, >> >> The link is being insert with the command `org-insert-link`, and the >> information is gotten by the command `org-store-link`. The link is >> being surrounded by square brackets when `org-insert-link` inserts the >> link. However, Org mode does not format the link correctly, as seen in >> the pictures I sent. >> >> I am wondering whether I should report this as a bug, or whether this >> problem is already fixed, as I do not update Org frequently. >> >> Thank you. >> > > I cannot reproduce this. These keystrokes: > > #+begin_example > M-x org-insert-link file:doc/loopy-doc.org::*Destructuring with =dash= RET Destructuring with =dash= RET > #+end_example > > yield a link displayed as underlined `Destructuring with =dash=' and show the actual link when the cursor hovers over the description. Further, when I run `org-fill-paragraph' I sometimes get newlines inserted in the description, but the link is still functional. > > What is needed is an ECM [1] that will lead to the problem you describe. > > Screenshots do not help very much as the precise sequence of keystrokes that results in the issue cannot be reverse engineered, so others cannot easily trace the action. > > Chuck > > p.s. Using Org version 9.4.3 > > [1] https://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#ecm > Hello, I have attached a minimum working example. The bad formatting also occurs when just pasting the link. In the example, Org mode highlights from beginning of the phrase "=verbatim text 1=" to the end of the phrase "=verbatim text 3=" in the verbatim font style. Part of the link is hidden as normal, but the text within the region of now verbatim text is not hidden, including some of the brackets. I have reproduced this without loading a configuration, so it is present in version of Org included in the Gccemacs branch of Emacs. Does that help? Thank you.