Kyle Meyer writes: > Please add a period after the changelog entry. Done. > Any reason not to pass limit as re-search-forward's BOUND instead? I've looked at the history of this code, and some earlier comment indicated that limit was ignored on purpose. The only case where it'd make a difference with my patch is when limit is in the middle of a latex fragment (since re-search-forward's BOUND bounds the end of the match). Now, AFAIU, this should almost never happen, since the fontified region is extended  + according to the font-lock-multiline text property, that latex    fragment do have  + and to contain matching begin/end delimiters. I can think of a few edge cases where it may make a difference :  - If you write a multiline fragment, and add $ delimiters    afterwards, starting with the closing one. Then when you add the    opening one, you wouldn't get fontification, I think  - If you add an empty line in a multiline $ fragment by mistake, which    breaks fontification, then remove it -- Sébastien Miquel