emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Suggestion: default path for attachments
@ 2022-08-14  7:19 Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2022-08-14  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Could it be possible to customize a default folder for attachments?

- I am using inheritance (org-attach-use-inhetirance).

- But in the headlines in the first level, the :DIR: property needs to
be set by hand, always.

- I would like to have a default attachment folder which would be
"inherited" by all headlines.

Not sure if that could be a good idea for "org attach group easy
customization" menu.

Or if at least I could "hack" it.

Best regards

* Re: Suggestion: default path for attachments
@ 2022-08-14  7:36 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-14  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Org-mode

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> Could it be possible to customize a default folder for attachments?
>

> - I am using inheritance (org-attach-use-inhetirance).
>
> - But in the headlines in the first level, the :DIR: property needs to
> be set by hand, always.
>
> - I would like to have a default attachment folder which would be
> "inherited" by all headlines.

See org-global-properties-fixed

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,

From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-14  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Org-mode

> See org-global-properties-fixed

Or rather org-global-properties, which is an actual user customization.

--

@ 2022-08-14  7:37     ` Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2022-08-14  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org-mode