Hi, Really cool discussion here. My two cents, Jupyter & Kernel on various langage, which have a very large community, could be an interesting backend for org-babel on VSCode or anyeditoryouwantusehere. Lot of things start to appear to collaborate online around online/scientific cnotebook/literate programing this last year, and that continue, for example i discover recently : Stencila : https://github.com/stencila= org-babel / org-mode outside of emacs has a great potential to lead an alternative to other markdown (RStudio / Jupyter) solution. Best regards Le dimanche 24 mai 2020 à 06:06 -0700, Jack Kamm a écrit : > It would be very good indeed for org-babel if it could be ported to > other editors. One of the biggest drawbacks of org-babel notebooks is > that I can't collaborate with my colleagues on them, since I can't > expect them to use Emacs. > > Aside from VSCode, I think RStudio would be an excellent target for a > few reasons: > > - Literate programming is already popular among R users (see also: > knitr, sweave, Rmarkdown) > - There is a strong ob-R community here > - There are some prominent Emacs users among the Rstudio developers > (e.g. Lionel Henry, who I think is both an Rstudio and ESS > developer) > > However, this would be a massive undertaking, and ultimately would > need > a volunteer to step up to the plate. I don't have any bandwidth to do > this in the foreseeable future but dream of working on it one day. > The > biggest downside -- it would require spending considerable time > outside > Emacs! > -- Sébastien Rey-Coyrehourcq Research Engineer UMR IDEES 02.35.14.69.30 {Stronger security for your email, follow EFF tutorial : https://ssd.eff.org/}