Hello Nicolas, i did the update but there is no change to my issue. Actually the archiving / unarchiving is solving the issue. Even the agenda building in the state before and after i do the archive/unarchive once is exremely different. Everything is unusable slow before, but afterwards it works fine again. It is all very strange, but i have it on two different windows machines and it is identical: 1. slow on startup 2. archive / unarchive of huge parts of my two big org files 3. system is fast again to be honest, im absolutely clueless. Archive / unarchive is doing something that speeds everything up. Im glad that i found it because if not orgmode would not be usable for me at all anymore. Am 11.02.2016 um 01:00 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou: > Hello, > > Michael Ziems writes: > >> im using orgmode and emacs on Windows. >> When starting emacs, orgmode is extremely slow. >> Pushing headlines arround, opening headlines and moving columns in >> org-tables is a pain. >> When i archive a big section in my org file through C-c C-x a and >> unarchive it afterwards, then org gets really fast again. >> just to show the issue i added the archiving as a profiler report >> here: > I'm not sure why it gets faster on the second attempt, but > `org-toggle-archive-tag' is needlessly slow. I fixed the slowdown on > maint. > > Does it fare better with the fix? > > > Regards, >