Hi Greg, due to the way this is coded, it is not easy to fix it in a way that the repeater is kept. Also, I think it is good if the user does such changes by hand, to be sure he/she notices that the repeating process not be correct after such a change. So I am going with your proposal to issue a warning if org-schedule or org-deadline is called in an entry that has a repeater. Personally, I normally would not change the scheduling time stamp at all in this case, but just add an extra timestamp for saturday to this entry. Thanks. - Carsten On Jun 14, 2008, at 2:24 AM, Greg Novak wrote: > On the whole I'm happily using org-mode. One thing that I'm unhappy > with is that when I'm looking at the agenda and decide to reschedule a > task that has a repeater, the repeater is obliterated. That is, if > the task is: > > * TODO Oil change > SCHEDULED <2008-6-1 +3m> > > and I think to myself "I'll do that on Saturday, not on Tuesday" then > hit C-c C-s and put in the new date, the repeater is obliterated. > Ideally, the repeater would just be preserved as-is. Almost as good > is if there's some clue in the minibuffer that the task has a repeater > and I should remember to include it in the new date. As it stands, I > have this in my .emacs file to prevent manual changes to tasks with > repeaters---in that case I just look at the org file and change the > schedule date manually: > > (defadvice org-schedule > (around gsn/org-prevent-rescheduling-repeated-tasks activate) > "If the current task has a repeater, prevent rescheduling it to > avoid obliterating the repeater." > (if (org-get-repeat) > (message "*** Can't reschedule this task without obliterating > repeater ***") > ad-do-it)) > > I'm writing the list to see if there's a way to do this and I was just > dumb when I read the manual. If not, I guess this is a feature > request. I'm using v 6.04c. > > Best, > Greg > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode