On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 11:53:14AM +0100, Juan Manuel Macías wrote: > tomas@tuxteam.de writes: > > > For export formats, there could be (yet another) "signal" to convey > > "new paragraph here" which then is the exporter's job. Perhaps an > > empty line (as is traditional in TeX) or something else. > > I think that signal would be a good solution within a single line. For > example, for an emergency a simple macro would suffice, something as: > > #+MACRO: par @@latex:\par{}@@ Yes, something like that. My point was that it probably makes sense to separate concerns here. > Anyway, I suspect that Org tables are not originally intended for such a > 'literary' content :-) ... That's right. OTOH, people will try to stretch it in every conceivable direction. That's in a way Org's biggest strength (and at the same time its biggest weakness :) > LaTeX tabular(x) environment and Org tables > have in common that they are plain text, but that’s where the > similarities end [...] Rigth. (La)TeX is a typesetting language. Cool things can be done, but they have a cost. Cheers - t