On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 11:41:11PM +0100, Juan Manuel MacĂ­as wrote: > Tim Cross writes: > > > From watching these discussions in the past, I think the big stumbling > > block is how easily multi-row columns can be added and maintained in the > > various export formats [...] > I don't know if anyone has come up with this other possibility: if the > problem is (usually) the inconvenience of editing cells with a lot of > text within an Org document (since when exporting to LaTeX [...] I think this point is very important: "multi-row" is ambiguous. Does it mean the rendering in Org? In someother output format? Are the row breaks chosen by the user (and thus they have /some/ "meaning") or are they chosen by some rendering mechanism (word wrap, perhaps hyphenation)? > the possibility of editing a cell in a dedicated buffer would be very > practical here. If the aim is "just rendering in Org" and "breaks have no special meaning" (so each render is allowed to re-flow), then your approach makes sense (I think Org table has something like that: you can set the column width and shrink/expand the column appropriately. Personally, I've found that somewhat awkward, so I don't use it, but OTOH I'm not a heavy table user: perhaps that's why). Cheers - t