emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Tables: remote reference fails with umlaut (and in other cases)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:29:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Eric,

* Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 Jan 2016 at 14:10, Karl Voit wrote:
>>
>> #+NAME: 2016-01-19-srctbl
>> | Testdata |
>> |----------|
>> | foobar   |
>> | fooübar  |
>> | fooßbar  |
>> | 1er      |
>> | 23,42    |
>> | 23.42    |
>>
>> | Result   | Expected Result | Comparison     |
>> |----------+-----------------+----------------|
>> | foobar   | foobar          | OK             |
>> | #ERROR   | fooübar         | fail           |
>> | #ERROR   | fooßbar         | fail           |
>> | er       | 1er             | fail           |
>> | 23.42    | 23.42           | OK             |
>> | (23, 42) | 23,42           | probably fail? |
>>
>> #+TBLFM: $1=remote(2016-01-19-srctbl,@@#$1)
>
> I cannot get this to work either but I do think you want to enclose the
> remote() within (identity) to copy values and not try to evaluate an
> expression, as noted in the info page:
>
> $1=(identity remote(2016-01-19-srctbl,@@#$1))

| Result           | Expected Result |
|------------------+-----------------|
| identity(foobar) | foobar          |
| #ERROR           | fooübar         |
| #ERROR           | fooßbar         |
| identity(er)     | 1er             |
| identity(23, 42) | 23.42           |
| identity(23.42)  | 23,42           |
#+TBLFM: $1=(identity remote(2016-01-19-srctbl,@@#$1))

I never understood the @@#-syntax anyway. On [1] I referenced to [2].

> But I cannot get this to work so I could be completely off base...

Interesting. I thought I am using only standard Org functionality here.

I'm using the most current Git maint version, btw.

[1] https://github.com/novoid/org-mode-workshop/blob/master/featureshow/org-mode-teaser.org#1131-referencing-example-with-detailed-explanation
[2] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#field-coordinates-in-formulas

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github