I have been browsing the orgmode code and it feels like we have to do a lot to implement sessions. At least for Python or Julia, I am wondering if we could instantiate an interpreter, and send the code as a single 'exec' or 'include' command. Other languages like R and groovy also have facilities to run code from a file. I believe this would reduce the amount of code needing maintenance, as we would only need to manipulate the string to pass to the interpreter based on the language. If this has been considered before, could someone explain why this approach was not used? Best, Guacho Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.