emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: "Berry, Charles" via "General discussions about Org-mode." <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
To: Okam <okamsn+emacs-org@protonmail.com>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Org failing to format a link with verbatim text
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 03:15:55 +0000	[thread overview]

> On Feb 17, 2021, at 4:25 PM, Okam <okamsn+emacs-org@protonmail.com> wrote:
>

> I have attached a minimum working example.  The bad formatting also
> occurs when just pasting the link.  In the example, Org mode highlights
> from beginning of the phrase "=verbatim text 1=" to the end of the
> phrase "=verbatim text 3=" in the verbatim font style. Part of the link
> is hidden as normal, but the text within the region of now verbatim text
> is not hidden, including some of the brackets.
>
> I have reproduced this without loading a configuration, so it is present
> in version of Org included in the Gccemacs branch of Emacs.
>
> Does that help?

Yes. Thank You.

Use

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq org-fontify-emphasized-text nil)
#+end_src

to fix this. Note that an emacs restart is needed. See (info "(org) Emphasis and Monospace").

You might complain about the wording that suggests that only exports are affected, but I am not sure that claiming the behavior per se is a bug will get much traction.

HTH,
Chuck