Hi Ihor! > Cannot reproduce. I think this is more likely to happen to users who actually compile on boxes with very high CPU/thread count. A common user with ~8 threads probably will not hit this issue (I also could not reproduce this on my 4c/8t daily-driver). Regardless if a common users is likely to hit those errors, they could indicate that there are some bugs in the Makefiles. > Could you please provide a more clear recipe to reproduce, if possible? There are logs in the bug report on the Gentoo Bugzilla, from the bug I had already mentioned: https://884243.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=839581 and from the one occurring with the documentation generation process: https://884403.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=840181 > what exactly emake does differently Not much, it is just a wrapper for make that adds the MAKEOPTS variable from the Portage configuration. You can see the exact make command in the logs, that is: - for bug 884243: make -j62 ORGVERSION=9.6 datadir=/usr/share/emacs/etc/org-mode - and for 884403: make -j63 pdf card Thanks for taking a look at it! On 12/5/22 14:34, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Maciej Barć writes: > >> Hello! >> >> The 9.6 release fails to build with multiple jobs (-j62). >> This issue was found automatically by the Gentoo Tinderbox CI. >> Link to the Gentoo bug report: https://bugs.gentoo.org/884243 > > Thanks for reporting! > > I tried > > cd /tmp > git clone --depth=1 git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/org-mode.git > cd org-mode > make -j64 > > Cannot reproduce. > > The error discussed might happen when make clean is not properly > executed. > > Could you please provide a more clear recipe to reproduce, if possible? > I do not remember what exactly emake does differently compared to the above. > -- Have a great day! ~ Maciej XGQT Barć