On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:19:26 -0800, Carl Worth wrote: > I don't like this---but that's because I use 'x' precisely *because* it > preserves these tags. You can use kill-buffer directly (C-X k); adding a new special binding for that command seems unnecessary to me. > Otherwise, you might as well just remove inbox and unread as soon as the > message is presented to the user. And that's a bug in a lot of other > email programs that I'm unwilling to replicate. My mail flow doesn't involve moving directly from one message to the next; I go back to the index after reviewing each one; there isn't a way to mark a buffer as read/archived and *not* view another message -- keith.packard@intel.com