On Fri, Sep 14 2012, Mark Anderson wrote: > You might want to take this chance to make your tag cloud coherent > between Notmuch and what exists in the folders, which works out to > something like this for every tag/folder pair in your gmail IMAP > directory (assuming it's synced to a Maildir repository) and notmuch DB. > > notmuch tag +TagX folder:FolderX and not tag:TagX I guess adding “and tag:new” won't hurt. > When I see TagX in notmuch, and using FolderX as the proxy for Gmail > tags, then I assume that the user added TagX in notmuch and I need to > synchronize the change. This one is a bit trickier. > > notmuch search --output=files tag:TagX and not folder:FolderX > > will give me the list of filenames, but I need to add them to a folder, > so it's time for bash, or your favorite script language. Spaces in > filenames or tags are your bane here, then you'll want to do something > fancier than just the $() interpolation. > > notmuch search --output=files tag:notmuch and not folder:notmuch | > xargs perl -e'while (defined($_ = shift(@ARGV))) {my $file = > filename($_); system("cp $_ $MAILDIR/notmuch/cur/$file");}' (You've mised FolderX in the cp command). What's wrong with notmuch search --output=files ... | xargs --no-run-if-empty \ cp -t "$MAILDIR/notmuch/FolderX/cur/" -- expect that --no-run-if-empty is not POSIX and I'm not sure about -t. I'm also wondering if it would make sense to link the files instead of copying: notmuch search --output=files ... | xargs --no-run-if-empty \ ln -t "$MAILDIR/notmuch/FolderX/cur/" -- -- Best regards, _ _ .o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o ..o | Computer Science, Michał “mina86” Nazarewicz (o o) ooo +------------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--