On Tue, Nov 27 2012, Rainer M Krug wrote: > I saw on the offlineimap mailing list, that somebody is using this approach > (x-header) to sync the gmail labels and to use them in his email client - > so I thought, why not read them as tags into notmuch and sync tgs back, so > one would have a sync between notmuch tags and gmail labels. But there was > some objections and it was questioned why offlineimap for this, and not > notmuch - and frankly, I don't hava any preferences. If it is i[plemented > in offlineimap and notmuch uses it, fine with me. If offlineimap stays as > it is and notmuch reads the labels directly, absolutely no problem. I am > merely intersted in the outcome - sync of notmuch tags with gmail labels - > whatever the path is. Ah, OK. I just want to say that having notmuch communicate with Gmail is terrible idea, since this would mean duplicating of jobs that offlineimap and notmuch do. I could see some *other* tool, besides notmuch and offlineimap, which connects to Gmail to fetch the tags, but that would again duplicate a lot of the code from offlineimap. I think that communicating with the server should be left to offlineimap (or whatever other method one uses), and indexing should be left to notmuch. -- Best regards, _ _ .o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of o' \,=./ `o ..o | Computer Science, Michał “mina86” Nazarewicz (o o) ooo +------------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--