David Bremner writes: > Thomas Schneider writes: > >> Hello list, >> >> I use notmuch with the Emacs frontend and multiple accounts. I’d like >> it to set the domain part of Message-Id header of any mail I compose to >> something sensible, e.g. the FQDN of the host (which does not seem to be >> easy, see [0]) or the domain part of the From header. > > There is some discussion on the wiki of using gnus-alias and > message-templ with notmuch. The latter is more about setting headers. Thanks for the pointer. gnus-alias seems to work so far. I also use it to set the Fcc header to avoid duplicating address matches. >>> I was thinking about setting message-user-fqdn based on the From header >> in an appropriate hook, but I haven’t found yet where and how to do >> this. > > There is notmuch-mua-send-hook (which by default just runs > message-send-hook) This seems to be run too late, so as for now, I use message-setup-hook and always define the address I want to send as beforehand. --- (add-hook 'message-setup-hook (lambda () (make-local-variable 'message-user-fqdn) (setq message-user-fqdn (car (reverse (split-string (car (mail-header-parse-address (message-field-value "From"))) "@")))))) --- Maybe I could add Message-ID to one of the headers added beforehand so that I see what is generated.