* FYI: emacs / notmuch-search-edit-search
@ 2022-01-12 12:09 Tomi Ollila
From: Tomi Ollila @ 2022-01-12 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi all

I've had this for a while in .emacs.d/notmuch-config.el

---

(defun notmuch-search-edit-search ()
  "Edit current search"
  (interactive)
  (notmuch-search (read-from-minibuffer
		   "Edit search: " notmuch-search-query-string)
		  notmuch-search-oldest-first))

(define-key notmuch-search-mode-map "e" #'notmuch-search-edit-search)

---

It has been very useful for refining one saved search of me -- but today
it was shown been far more useful in a large saved search (one I have
for nmbug), so I eventually thought this is good thing to share.

I also have created commit for that -- and is in my copy of notmuch*.elc
but I have not been running it as the above overwrites it ;/ -- also
before long ago I had last line as 'notmuch-search-oldest-first))
which was (obviously) incorrect but did not affect me as I have set
that variable to true (which is also the default, I think).

Tomi

PS: initial version used notmuch-group-disjunctive-query-string
but it just made it mode complex and usually provided worse
content -- so if one thinks about that don't or think how use
of it can be improved :D