From: Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila@iki.fi>
To: David Bremner <david@tethera.net>, notmuch@notmuchmail.org
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 16:40:03 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sun, Feb 28 2021, David Bremner wrote:

> I have restarted the generation of a list archive at
>
>   https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/archive/notmuch-list.tar.xz
>
> As you can tell from the name, it's not an mbox anymore, but an archive
> of a Maildir.
>
> I have updated the links I found in the wiki.  Let me know if I missed a
> link or if there are problems retrieving it.
>
> Currently it is regenerated once per day.

The old .mbox was convenient, as one could just fetch the ones not
downloaded already (like I used to have:
  wget --continue https://notmuchmail.org/archives/notmuch.mbox
)

Now it looks like one has to re-download the whole archive every time...

(perhaps that is tolerable, like everything else -- probably no-one
 else than me used the --continue and the rate of downloads
 is probably pretty small)

... Downloaded current (25 683 788 bytes in size). Some notes :D

1) files not sorted. if using modern GNU tar, --sort=name would be nice.

2) some files in notmuch-list/new/, some in notmuch-list/cur/. kinda ugly ;/
   (some --xform perhaps to unify?)

Thank you for making the archive avalable (in published location).

Tomi