Hey *, I'm currently using gmail for my mail and trying to port its behaviour to notmuch. I had a go at writing a python script to convert my gmails to notmuch tag commands along the lines of Carl's post [0]. It uses the Gmail labs feature to export filters (to an XML file), and then goes from XML stanzas like: Mail Filter tag:mail.google.com,2008:filter:1270085835242 2010-04-01T05:33:40Z (which says to tag messages from updates@linked.com with "flyers" and skip the inbox) into a notmuch command like: notmuch tag -inbox +flyers -- from:updates@linkedin.com '(' not tag:flyers or tag:inbox ')' The bit in brackets makes sure it doesn't tag messages that already have exactly the right tags -- this coule probably be implied in any invocation of notmuch tag really... Anyway, attached. It converts gmail's list: match to a notmuch to: match, and just gives up on deliveredto: matches. But maybe someone else finds it useful/interesting too :) Cheers, aj [0] id:87r5o8stbj.fsf@yoom.home.cworth.org -- Anthony Towns