* Cannot find notmuch.el file
@ 2023-02-07 12:56 Vishal Chourasia
From: Vishal Chourasia @ 2023-02-07 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Greetings,

where can I find the notmuch.el file when notmuch was installed from the
distribution's package repository?

# notmuch --version
notmuch 0.35

I am looking to use emacs as frontend client for notmuch.

Steps I've already tried:

 1. Installed notmuch on my system.
 2. Configured it.
 3. Tried adding following lines one at a time to .emacs.d/init.el
    /(autoload 'notmuch "notmuch" "notmuch mail" t)//
    /--
    /(require 'notmuch)/

when using autoload and running the *M-x notmuch* results in file not
found error.

Thanks

-- vishal.c

* Re: Cannot find notmuch.el file
@ 2023-02-07 14:23 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-02-07 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vishal Chourasia, notmuch

Vishal Chourasia <isomorphik.ibm@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>

> where can I find the notmuch.el file when notmuch was installed from the
> distribution's package repository?
>
> # notmuch --version
> notmuch 0.35

Which distribution? At least on Debian based distributions, the emacs
interface is packaged seperately as elpa-notmuch

* Re: Cannot find notmuch.el file
@ 2023-02-08 14:52   ` Vishal Chourasia
From: Vishal Chourasia @ 2023-02-08 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

On 2/7/23 19:53, David Bremner wrote:
> Which distribution? At least on Debian based distributions, the emacs
> interface is packaged seperately as elpa-notmuch
RHEL

* Re: Cannot find notmuch.el file
@ 2023-02-09 14:39   ` Vishal Chourasia
From: Vishal Chourasia @ 2023-02-09 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

RHEL

@ 2023-02-09 14:40     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-02-09 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vishal Chourasia, notmuch

Vishal Chourasia <isomorphik.ibm@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2/7/23 19:53, David Bremner wrote:
>> Which distribution? At least on Debian based distributions, the emacs
>> interface is packaged seperately as elpa-notmuch
> RHEL

Fedora has a separate emacs-notmuch package. Perhaps that also exists in
RHEL? The page

         https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/notmuch/emacs-notmuch/

mentions EPEL 8 and EPEL 9

* Re: Cannot find notmuch.el file
@ 2023-02-12 10:14       ` Vishal Chourasia
From: Vishal Chourasia @ 2023-02-12 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

Thanks! Installing the emacs-notmuch package from epel 8 worked.

@ 2023-02-12 12:30         ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-02-12 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vishal Chourasia, notmuch

Vishal Chourasia <isomorphik.ibm@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks! Installing the emacs-notmuch package from epel 8 worked.

Great, thanks for letting us know.