It was <2020-06-20 sob 12:53>, when Reto wrote: > On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 12:40:49PM +0200, Łukasz Stelmach wrote: >> Having "setup" in the set requires entering three instad of two characters >> for "search". Since "setup" is rearly used it makes little sense to have >> it in the set and cripple UX for much more frequently used "search". > > I very much disagree with this patch. > The completions should contain all possible values, saving a single keystroke is > certainly not a valid reason to remove a valid option from the completions. > > Write an alias into your bashrc if that bothers you so much... Then you can save > much more keystrokes. I already have several aliases covering most of my use cases, however, I still use "notmuch search" from time to time and I came to a conclusion expressed in this patch. Of course, as a random user, I can only suggest and by no means insist on applying it. Kind regards, -- Łukasz Stelmach Samsung R&D Institute Poland Samsung Electronics