On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:05:02 -0500, Austin Clements wrote: > > > Is it possible for a tag in the last column to be just long enough to > > > make the line still wrap? Somehow my current tag set doesn't trigger > > > this bug, so I can't test this case (and I admit I can't follow > > > notmuch-hello-insert-tags well enough to reason this out). > > > > With a sufficiently narrow window it's always possible to generate wrap, > > of course. I couldn't make it happen for any window width that seemed > > reasonable. > > I should have specified more than one column. Clearly if you're down > to one column it's always possible to wrap, but if you have more than > one, does the code always reduce the number of columns in preference > to allowing a particularly long tag name to wrap a line? It's supposed to do that. I have a vague recollection that someone reported a bug where `(window-width)' was not the right value to use if `line-number-mode' is enabled, but I can't find it again now. (Someone should build an email client that allows easy searching.)