On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:50:22 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote: > Isn't this function the same as something like "test_expect_equal $x > t"? Yes, except that it differs in how it reports differences. > IMO the function seems too complex for what it does (and basically that > is "compare $x with t"). Why do we need to implement it in such a way? > > Also, the function has nothing to do with emacs (except for the fact > that 't' is commonly used in it). > > I think a more useful approach would be to add a function which takes a > lisp expression, runs test_emacs and compares the result with "t" using > test_expect_equal or similar. This way you do not need to make an > explicit test_emacs call and avoid code duplication when checking the > result. test_emacs_expect_t should be a good name for it. What do you > think? Agreed. I'll do it.