On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:06:57 -0800, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote: > > My inclination is to remove `notmuch-crypto-process-mime' altogether > > (declared it an obsolete variable) and allow users to set a default > > for `notmuch-show-process-crypto' directly, but that is not done in > > this patchset while awaiting feedback. > > I'm not sure I understand this. `notmuch-show-process-crypto' *is* what > sets the default for the `notmuch-show-process-crypto' buffer-local > variable. How would you change the current behavior or settings (beyond > just a variable rename)? The problem with the code as I posted can be seen if you imagine the following ~/.emacs.el sequence: