* Emacs tests timeout with Emacs 27.1 (release candidate)
@ 2020-08-06 16:45 Jack Hill
From: Jack Hill @ 2020-08-06 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Ahoy notmuch!

I'm tryihng to build notmuch 0.30 with the Emacs 27.1 release candidate.
However, the Emacs tests seem to get stuck:

T310-emacs: Testing emacs interface
  PASS   Syntax of emacs test library
  PASS   Basic notmuch-hello view in emacs
  PASS   Saved search with 0 results
  PASS   No saved searches displayed (all with 0 results)
  PASS   Basic notmuch-search view in emacs
  PASS   Incremental parsing of search results
  PASS   Navigation of notmuch-hello to search results
  PASS   Basic notmuch-show view in emacs
  PASS   Basic notmuch-show view in emacs default indentation
  PASS   Basic notmuch-show view in emacs without indentation
  PASS   Basic notmuch-show view in emacs with fourfold indentation
  PASS   notmuch-show for message with invalid From
  PASS   Navigation of notmuch-search to thread view
  PASS   Add tag from search view
  PASS   Remove tag from search view
  PASS   Add tag (large query)
  PASS   notmuch-show: add single tag to single message
  PASS   notmuch-show: remove single tag from single message
  PASS   notmuch-show: add multiple tags to single message
  PASS   notmuch-show: remove multiple tags from single message
  PASS   Message with .. in Message-Id:
  PASS   Message with quote in Message-Id:
FATAL: /tmp/guix-build-notmuch-0.30.drv-0/notmuch-0.30/test/T310-emacs.sh: interrupted by signal 15

Notmuch test suite complete.
All 536 tests passed.
2 tests skipped.
ERROR: Aborting on T310-emacs (returned 124)
make: *** [test/Makefile.local:75: test] Error 124

Test suite failed, dumping logs.
command "make" "check" "-j" "4" "V=1" "NOTMUCH_TEST_TIMEOUT=1h" failed with status 2

Best,
Jack

* Re: Emacs tests timeout with Emacs 27.1 (release candidate)
@ 2020-08-06 17:19 ` Jack Hill
From: Jack Hill @ 2020-08-06 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020, Jack Hill wrote:

> Ahoy notmuch!
>
> I'm tryihng to build notmuch 0.30 with the Emacs 27.1 release candidate.
> However, the Emacs tests seem to get stuck:

Oops, now I see that there has already been some work  in this area. Sorry
for the noise.

Best,
Jack