* question re: https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2015/021373.html
@ 2020-10-23 13:52 Robert Mirbaha
From: Robert Mirbaha @ 2020-10-23 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

first: great job and a great tool.

I am not a developer so please bear with me.

This patch - https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2015/021373.html
- from 2015 did not seem to make it in to the main build. Is this
functionality (defining custom flags) available in some other way. I
spent a whole day searching and didn't find an answer.

I would like to map this maildir flag "1603452843.936485_0.sony:2,a*e*"
so the "e" to a new notmuch flag "todo". How can I do that?

I put this in my .notmuch-config: customflag_e = todo in the [maildir]
section but to no avail. Also tried customflag_e=todo

Many thanks
Robert

* Re: question re: https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2015/021373.html
@ 2021-08-02  1:51 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2021-08-02  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Mirbaha, notmuch

Robert Mirbaha <rom@mirbaha.de> writes:

> This patch - https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2015/021373.html
> - from 2015 did not seem to make it in to the main build. Is this
> functionality (defining custom flags) available in some other way. I
> spent a whole day searching and didn't find an answer.
>
> I would like to map this maildir flag "1603452843.936485_0.sony:2,a*e*"
> so the "e" to a new notmuch flag "todo". How can I do that?

You are correct, the functionality did not land. At a glance, the patch
you point to looks somewhat work in progress. I guess we could revisit
the idea if someone wanted to work on it, but it would probably almost
require starting from scratch, as the internals have changed quite a bit
since 2015.

* Re: question re: https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2015/021373.html
@ 2021-08-02  5:12   ` Robert Mirbaha
From: Robert Mirbaha @ 2021-08-02  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Thank you for the reply David.

Having a definitive answer (even if negative) helps.

Robert