Hi. I am trying out notmuch and notmuch.el as an Emacs user. When adding some funcitonality to Emacs, I usually wrap its setup inside a (with-eval-after-load) block to defer it for when it is needed. I noticed that in case of notmuch.el, some settings are not properly set if included in in the macro - here I mean a quite important option 'notmuch-search-oldest-first' which I set to nil. When included inside the (with-eval-after-load) body it remains unchanged. Of course italso makes me wonder if any other variable acts in this way and needs to be set at Emacs runtime. Is that a bug? ~Artur